Implementing these will require new resolve and the courage to reinvent your culture, but the results will be worth all the extra effort. We've re-ordered these to align with our Cause Manifesto™.
- Be Strategic. We will create and follow a roadmap that aligns our communication plan with the goals of our strategic plan.
- Be Focused. We will focus our communication on one cause, one mission, and one purpose; and we will share our one purpose with one voice.
- Be Meaningful. We will ensure that our values and corresponding actions align with the motivations that give our followers and stakeholders a reason to believe in our cause.
- Be Insightful. We will embrace data as a means to telling our story and gaining greater insight into the outcomes of our mission.
- Be Inspiring. We will share truthful stories that appeal to the mind, and speak to the heart; these stories will communicate how our cause inspires us – and our advocates – to action.
- Be Engaging. We will listen as often as we speak, in order to learn what the community and our stakeholders expect of us.
- Be Social. We will be ambassadors for our cause, and recognize that every interaction is an opportunity to build relationships.
- Be Grateful. We will express our gratitude to our stakeholders, remembering that their support – and our recognition of that support – is meaningful to them.
- Be Trustworthy. We will seek accountability and transparency, acting and speaking in a manner that is consistent with our values, our character, and our culture.
- Be Positive. We will choose our words well, for they will motivate people to follow, donate, advocate, and believe in our cause.
- Be Powerful. We will believe that our cause is meaningful, and act in the belief that it has the power to change the world.
- Be Courageous. We will dream big dreams, and have the courage to change and adapt in order to make these dreams a reality.
Whether it’s the first day of the year, or the day you first read this, it’s never too late to begin.
Foster a culture of communications with the principles from Raise Your Voice: A Cause Manifesto. These timeless resolutions will help you align your organization's communications and culture through purpose, character, culture, and voice. Create a mission-driven culture where purpose, inspiration, relationships, and aspirational vision empower you to communicate with clarity, transform your culture, and share your story powerfully and effectively.